Back to St Philips | Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
The Garden
The Garden ->  General Discussion -> Parish News -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Sing unto the Lord a new song; sing praises lustily unto Him with a good courage. Psalm 33:3
- (Added by: c130alon)

#2 Bishops Refections
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Parish NewsMessage format

Stanthomas
Posted 4/8/2019 5:14 PM (#1138)
Subject: #2 Bishops Refections

Veteran

(67.9.133.44)
Election of DEUS Bishop Coadjutor
Among the regular business and special sessions at this year’s DEUS Synod, I have called for the election of a Bishop Coadjutor. This Bishop is to be elected by the Diocese. To reiterate from my last Epistle, I am not being pressured to retire and I am in good health. Our Diocese is strong, unified and on the move forward, and we have a duty to make this important decision while we are in a state of peace and general good will. I do not plan to retire upon the election of a coadjutor, but will be a mentor and provide for the smoothest possible transition.
If you plan to make a nomination, please be careful to follow all the instructions listed below.
Nominations for the election of the Bishop Coadjutor of the Diocese of the Eastern United States may be made by any clergy member in good standing or by any adult lay communicant in good standing in the DEUS. Nominations are now being accepted. The nomination must be made by letter mailed by US Mail to the Secretary of the Standing Committee of the DEUS, Dss. Deborah Kidd at ‪3856 Pennington Rd, Greer, SC, 29651‬ and must be received on or ‪before May 19, 2019‬ (60 days prior to the election to be held ‪on July 18, 2019‬). This is a firm deadline! The nomination must include a letter from the candidate that the candidate is accepting the nomination and must be signed by the candidate. The nomination should also include a detailed description of the qualifications for the candidate that is being nominated, including but not limited to a Curriculum Vitae.
If the nomination is not complete and received by the deadline given, the nomination will not be accepted. Nominations will not be accepted by any other means, including email, fax, text, photo, etc.
As I also previously mentioned in my last Epistle, we need to prayerfully consider one who has the temperament, the education, the personal holiness, humility and genuine love for others as we make our choice. Some skills can be learned over time, but character and preparation are prerequisite.
I ask that this be a time of prayer for all of us as we ask that the Holy Spirit guide us in choosing the right man to fill this critical role.
(ed., The policy for the election of a Bishop Coadjutor in the Diocese of the Eastern United States is posted on the APA website. Click here to read it.)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software