Back to St Philips | Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
The Garden
The Garden ->  General Discussion -> Music -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. - Pope John Paul II
- (Added by: Administrator)

Fr. Ellis's Sermon
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> MusicMessage format

c130alon
Posted 5/18/2020 7:54 AM (#1348)
Subject: Fr. Ellis's Sermon

Elite Veteran

(75.115.232.173)
May 17 - 5th Sunday after Easter

NORMAL TIMES - 6 FEET APART FOR NEXT WEEK=ALL WELCOME
CLEAN-UP WITH MORNING PRAYER NEXT Wednesday 9:00 AM

Acts 17:22-31
Evangelist Apostle Paul is addressing Areopagus/and the US today...about the ONE TRUE GOD & WORSHIP
So, what is worship? And to the only ONE True GOD...it is the self, physical, manifestation, confession, demonstration, proclamation and witness of the faith of the believer to God and to the world around him/her...
If the 21st century Christian has lost their Christianity, then it is their inability to worship the Only True God in the manner and form they should worship... “for the Father is seeking such people to worship him.”
My Dear beloved Brothers and Sisters, many good Christians have lost their faith because of lack worship to the ONE and Only True GOD and therefore many non- Christians and unbelievers cannot come to faith...
For our time together in this lockdown/quarantine period, if we not did learn, hear, understand anything at all, it is my fervent and sole prayer that today we receive from GOD, the need and urgency to render our worship to HIM... But the hour is coming, and is now here -today 05/17/2020, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him...LIFESTYLE
In any community worldwide where Christianity has reached, there was/is a worship of “someone-gods or something-wood, river...” in Africa, Europe, Americas, Asia....
Therefore, in the civilized Superpower Empire of Greece in the times of Apostle Paul, he had to confront them...
22 Then Paul stood in the midst of the [a]Areopagus and said,
“Men/women of Athens, I perceive that in all things you are very religious; (OUTWARDLY - humankind was created to be religious and worshipping from creation, that’s why in Genesis 3:8 And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden. Gen 3:9 ¶ Then the LORD God called to Adam and said to him, "Where are you? “TIME FOR WORSHIP- (hiding their SIN)
Ex 5:1 ¶ Afterward Moses and Aaron went in and told Pharaoh, "Thus says the LORD God of Israel: 'Let My people go, that they may hold a feast to Me in the wilderness.'" (TIME FOR WORSHIP)-PLACE
Ex 32:1 ¶ Now when the people saw that Moses delayed coming down from the mountain, the people gathered together to Aaron, and said to him, "Come, make us gods that shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man who brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we do not know what has become of him." YEARNINGS
Gen 22:5 And Abraham said to his young men, "Stay here with the donkey; the lad and I will go yonder and worship, and we will come back to you." (NKJV)... TIME FOR WORSHIP???...SPECIFICITY
23 for as I was passing through and considering the objects of your worship,
I even found an altar with this inscription:
TO THE UNKNOWN GOD.
Therefore, the One whom you worship without knowing, (as in many places before the advent of Christianity) ...it is Him I proclaim to you:
24 God, who made the world and everything in it, (the air you breathe, food, water, your very life, spouse, children, parents, education, properties, wealth, money...)
since He is Lord of heaven and earth, (HE ALONE, BEFORE, NOW, FOREVER AND EVER)
does not dwell in temples made with hands. (SYNAGOGUES, CHURCHES, MOSQUES...that’s why we are still the EKKLESIA- ‘the called out’ even in this lockdown and quarantine times)
25 Nor is He worshiped with men’s hands, (BUT IN OUR HEARTS-TRUE WORSHIPPERS)
as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things.
26 And He has made from one blood every nation of men/women to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their pre-appointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, (THERFORE PEOPLE OUT THERE DOING CRAZY THINGS IN THE NAME OF CHRISTIANITY MUST STOP FROM TODAY-BECAUSE IN CHRISTIANITY THERE IS NO INFERIORITY OR SUPERIORTY, NO COLOR, TRIBE, THERE IS ONLY ONE BLOOD OF CHRIST FOR EVERYONE)
27 so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;
28 for in Him we live and move and have our being, (WITHOUT CHRIST LIFE IS FULL OF CRISIS AND OUR EXISTENCE IS INQUESSIQUENTIAL, THERFORE MEANINGLESS)
as also some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also His offspring.’ 29 Therefore, since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man’s devising.
30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked,
but now commands all men/women everywhere to repent, 31 because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained.
He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.” ...It is appointed unto all...
Isaiah 43:21 The people whom I formed for myself that they might declare my praise.
John 4:23 But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him.
Isaiah 43:7 Everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.”
ARE YOU A TRUE WORSHIPPER, AS WE GO BACK TO NORMAL? TIMES???
Humankind is notoriously and instinctively worshiping creatures. So the psalmist expressed this when he wrote, “As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God” (Psalm 42:1).

Marcus Tullius Cicero was a Roman orator, statesman and writer, in the first century BC, observed that religion, regardless of its form, was a universal trait of man. Seeing that people are going to worship something or someone;

We should ask what is worship?

Whom and how shall we worship?

What constitutes a biblical worship, and, most importantly, are we “true worshipers” (John 4:23) or “false worshipers” in our present times as Christians today?

While God does not need us, he has given us the privilege of worshipping him, because it is the only thing that GOD who can do everything by HIMSELF cannot do. WORSHIP HIMSELF!!!!

The word WORSHIP is derived from the Old English weorþscipe, meaning to venerate "worship, honor shown to an object, which has been etymologized as "worthiness or worth-ship"—to give, at its simplest, worth to something.

First, Jesus said that only God may be worshiped, while rebuking Satan for suggesting otherwise. Matt 4:10 - Then Jesus said to him, “Be gone, Satan! For it is written, “'You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.

The Bible says godly worship is something altogether different.
In the Old Testament, the Hebrew word used for worship is "shachah" and means "to bow down" or "prostrate oneself" so worship is not described in the Bible as just praise or raising our hands but bowing down and lying flat (prostrate) on the ground. In the New Testament, it's somewhat different as the Greek word "proskyneo" means "to kiss the hand" or "in token of reverence" so taken together a true worship of God, according to the Bible, means to bow down and to prostrate oneself and show a deep, abiding, holy reverence for God. That is what the Bible calls true worship, but we must do it in spirit too.
Everyone in this world, no matter who they are, worships someone or something.
Some worship a god of their own making, stone, tree, river, sun, cow, snake, etc
Some people worship people, like sports heroes, actors, or musicians.
Some people worship themselves, i.e. their beauty, body, clothing, wealth, ...
Some people worship possessions, children, cars, properties, ...
We worship the One True and Living God - Father, Son & Holy Spirit.
So, therefore everyone worships someone or something, somehow, somewhere.
Every created person everywhere worships, because worship is the fundamental drive of life. God created us with a drive, with a sense there is something more to life than what we experience on this earth.
The Bible says that God has placed perpetuity in our hearts (Ecclesiastes 3:11). That simply means there is a recognition and a sense there is something more in life.
Our ultimate purpose in life is not to attain success, fame, or even happiness.
Our ultimate purpose in life is to know the God who made us.
And until we enter that relationship, we are falling short of what is possible and attainable to us. The Bible clearly teaches that God uniquely created man in His own image. God has not placed eternity in the heart of a bird, a cat, or a dog. He has not placed eternity in the hearts of animals; He has only placed it in the hearts of human beings. And that causes people everywhere to worship.
The true God, the living God, the only God, the God of the Bible, is the One to worship.
We were created to bring pleasure to God. We were created to worship the Lord.

John 15:1-8
HOW WE DO WHAT IS DEMANDED OF US TRUE WORSHIPPERS- Only by and through The True Vine
15 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.
2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He [a]takes away;
and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.
4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.
7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so, you will be My disciples.

PRAYERS

BENEDICTION
Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever....

“The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.” Amen
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software