Back to St Philips | Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
The Garden
The Garden ->  General Discussion -> Music -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me. Phil.4:13
- (Added by: c130alon)

Sermon 6-28-20
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> MusicMessage format

c130alon
Posted 6/29/2020 4:45 AM (#1360)
Subject: Sermon 6-28-20

Elite Veteran

(75.115.232.173)
June 28 - 3rd Sunday after Trinity

Christ Brings Division and not unity-HIS TRUTH

The GOSPEL TRUTHS are the words of Jesus Christ and they are life changing and timeless. When Jesus spoke, lives were transformed, and the trajectory of one’s life forever altered. He tells us that He is "the way, the truth and the life" (John 14:6), and His words have remarkably powerful and destiny-changing impact if adhered to and lived according. Whether you are just beginning to seek Jesus or have been a believer for years, or are a cradle Anglican, the Word of God- THE GOSPEL TRUTH - can always speak new truths into your life if you care to listen with an open mind and heart; it will change your life for good! But the world has never accepted fully these truths and the world prefers the lies of the father of liars – the Devil - therefore Christ’s truths bring division because some people just cannot stand the truth. They have their selective truth when it suits them, but it is only JESUS Who is the way, truth and life – non-negotiable. The Ten Commandments and most of the Old Testament Laws are forever truths and Christ came to fulfill and not abolish them.
Matthew 10:34-42

34 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth... (PRINCE OF PEACE?)
I did not come to bring peace but a sword... (WARRIOR WITH A SWORD?)
35 For I have come to ‘set[a] a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’;
36 and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own household.’
37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me.
And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.
38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.
39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.
(https://www.myjoyonline.com/news/oddly-enough/businessman-too-scared-to-take-his-own-life-hired-assassins-to-do-it-for-him/)

A Cup of Cold Water-REWARDS WILL BE GIVEN
40 “He who receives you receives Me,
and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.
41 He who receives a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet’s reward.
And he who receives a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man’s reward.
42 And whoever gives one of these little ones only a cup of cold water in the name of a disciple, assuredly, I say to you, he shall by no means lose his reward.”
Five Quotes of Jesus to conclude His TRUTHS-EVERGREEN AND EVERLASTING
1. Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6 NIV
2. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33 NIV
3. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16 NIV
4. “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. Matthew 7:7-8 NIV
5. Jesus replied: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” Matthew 22:37-40 NIV

Isaiah 2:10-17
10 Enter into the rock, and hide in the dust, From the terror of the LORD
And the glory of His majesty. 11 The [a]lofty looks of man shall be humbled,
The haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, And the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day. 12 For the day of the LORD of hosts Shall come upon everything proud and lofty, Upon everything lifted up—And it shall be brought low—13 Upon all the cedars of Lebanon that are high and lifted up, And upon all the oaks of Bashan;14 Upon all the high mountains, And upon all the hills that are lifted up; 15 Upon every high tower, And upon every fortified wall; 16 Upon all the ships of Tarshish, And upon all the beautiful sloops.

17 The loftiness of man shall be bowed down,
And the haughtiness of men shall be brought low;
The LORD alone will be exalted in that day,
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software