Back to St Philips | Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
The Garden
The Garden ->  General Discussion -> Parish News -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen. Not because I see it, but because by it I see everything else. C.S. Lewis
- (Added by: c130alon)

I love what we're doing now.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Parish NewsMessage format

c130alon
Posted 7/8/2014 8:17 AM (#709)
Subject: I love what we're doing now.

Elite Veteran

(97.96.100.136)
Fr. Poole has brought back Wednesday Mass. I don't know how well attended the 11 a.m. Mass is, but it's heartening to see 5 or more people every Wednesday evening at 7 p.m. It seems to me so precious and sweet - just the quiet of the church, simple folks in simple praise and worship of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. There's not a lot of talk before or after Mass which may sound sort of odd but it really is beautiful in that in the quiet, you take that humble attitude of prayer with you out of the church.

There's something refreshing and renewing, having Holy Communion in the middle of the week. It gives us the fortitude, the renewed strength and vigor to go out and face the world and deal with its trials and tribulations sustained and uplifted by Jesus in His Body and Blood.

It's a wonderful way to spend half an hour - worshipping Him.

Amen.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software