Back to St Philips | Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
The Garden
The Garden ->  General Discussion -> Parish News -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Anger is as a stone cast into a wasp's nest. - Pope Paul VI
- (Added by: Administrator)

Oh, joy! Oh, bliss!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Parish NewsMessage format

c130alon
Posted 9/17/2016 7:55 AM (#885)
Subject: Oh, joy! Oh, bliss!

Elite Veteran

(65.35.110.219)
Adult Sunday School! Yeeha! I understand why we don't have adult study on Sundays during the summer - people are off on vacations and visiting friends and family and it would be incredibly difficult to maintain a thought, the composed topic of discussion, with people present (hit or miss) and having to recover ground already traversed. I get it.

But I sure do miss it! Even though I have to work most Sundays, and even though I can't stay for the whole class, I love our Sunday studies. Fr. Poole does a great job of explaining, teaching, and letting us ask questions and pose scenarios and sometimes let us get off track because he knows we're learning, we're thinking, we're applying...

I really do feel sorry for the folks who don't come. Some folks seem to think that coffee hour is more important than Sunday study...cup of coffee and cookie more nourishing than learning the Word. Or maybe, they've been Christian for so long that they think they know everything and there's nothing left to learn. I feel especially sorry for them.

Anyway...you know where I'll be 9 a.m. tomorrow morning! Come and sit next to me!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software